Monday, January 19, 2015

Recipes

This post will be different than my normal posts. This is a collection of pictures and screen shots I've taken of recipes that I wanted to make. I wanted to get them all into one location. A lot of these are crock pot meals because that is my new favorite way to cook with working full time and a baby. I'm putting the recipe name in red for easy visual reference for future.

The top one is for baked tacos. I've made these a few times and John really likes them.

This is a recent addition, Crock pot pork chops, and we both really liked them. Super easy and flavorful! I just made some of these today as freezer meals. We'll see how they work that way or not!


I just tried this one tonight; a complete steak dinner in the crock pot. It was okay. John's steak must have been the top one in the crock pot because his wasn't as done as mine and so his looked better. I started it late so I didn't have the full 6 hours to let it cook therefore I alternated between high and low on temp. Everything was cooked except the potatoes which I finished off in the microwave.


These Crown Royal recipes are on a deck of cards we got at a Nascar race. I haven't tried the hot wings, but I've always wanted to but I have done the grilled salmon and it's good. For the bottom ones I've done the sausage but not the BBQ sauce. The sausage is good, but it always overcooks in my crock pot.

This one is for Mexican casserole. I haven't made it and I'll have to alter it for John, but that shouldn't be too hard and it sounds good. 
 
Another one I haven't tried yet. It's like a fried rice sort of. I bought a ham this last grocery trip and just haven't cooked it yet. I have a few recipes that I need leftover ham for....


Red velvet cake. I did make this once. It's not the easiest recipe (although it's not hard) and I only thought it was okay. 
 
Dijon Chicken. I have made this but I don't remember what I thought of it. I think it was alright. I have a recipe for a dijon chicken from Annette I think and I like it better. 

Lemon Bars!! I make this a lot! It's requested from work quite often. It's a pretty quick and easy recipe and they seem to be well received. 
 
This is for a chicken enchilada or chicken quesadilla. I haven't made it yet so I'm not sure how it tastes, etc.  The recipe continues below.
Cauliflower casserole. I made this while I was out on maternity leave. I liked it pretty well; John not so much. It kept pretty well for leftovers also. 

 Potato crock pot dinner. I made this one a few weeks ago. It turned out almost like a soup. I liked it but we decided it needs something more to make it a meal so my plan is to add ham to it for the next go round.


Crock pot french dip. I haven't made these yet. I have the ingredients but haven't tried it. Honestly it is one that requires a little more work than I want to put out most nights to shred the roast.

Below is cinnamon roll casserole. If you want to see what this looks like check out my Christmas post. I made this Christmas morning. First, this says to cook it 2.5 hours but it took us 4 hours to cook. Then to me it came out with a weird consistency. John said it was good but I noticed that neither of us got into the leftover so...... 


Cooked cabbage. I don't know why I decided I wanted some cooked cabbage. I remember having it when I was a kid; along with cream tuna on toast (don't ask). I figured it was easy to make but I googled it just to be sure and I only loosely follow this recipe. Honestly, I love cooked cabbage and it's so quick and easy. Plus cabbage is super cheap at the ranch market!
 

These next two I've made only once. It's for Pecan caramel cheesecake cookie cups. They were yummy but took a while to make if I recall. Also they were very rich. 
 

 TV dinners. I made these the other night. They were pretty easy to prepare and would be good to make beforehand and throw in the oven when I get home. There were a lot of leftover potatoes and go light on the oil!
 Burrito casserole? I can't remember what this was actually called. I made it a few nights ago. I thought it was only okay but John said he liked it. I did take it for left overs and it was okay. I added some salsa after so I could have onions and tomatoes that John won't eat. 
 
 Cauliflower patties. I just got this a few days ago and haven't tried it yet. It sounds good though!!

 
Peanut butter fudge. I found this tonight so I obviously haven't tried it yet, but I'm looking forward to when I do!

I did a round of freezer meals today. My mom sent me this site and we've liked the crockpot freezer meals. We haven't tried all of them yet, but I've really liked the creamy italian and the cafe rio. The pineapple chicken reminds me of a sweet and sour sauce a little. My mom made the french chicken when she was here and I liked it. John caught onto the fact that there is the onion soup at the end so he didn't like it so much.

http://www.overthebigmoon.com/super-fast-chicken-freezer-meals/ 

and

http://www.overthebigmoon.com/freezer-meals/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment