Sunday, April 5, 2015

March

It's hard to believe March is already gone and it's gone by with nothing significant really happening. These pictures were taken one morning while I should have been getting ready for work. He's really good about going to sleep and he pretty much sleeps through the night, but he gets up at 430 am. We've gotten into the bad habit of going and moving him into his swing and he'd go back to sleep...until he doesn't. We get up about 530 anyways, but if we could get him to sleep till 6 or so would be perfect. 630 even better. So when he was going back to sleep in his swing it would carry us to the 615 timeframe when we'd get him up, change him, and send him off to school, but now he just sits in there and talks to himself and then by 615 he's grouchy and tired. I guess this is a work in progress.

We were able to get a few rounds of golf in. We played Greenfield Lakes and Toka Sticks.
I thought JJ would be more interested in being outside but he was pretty blase about it.
We've gone out to Sunday dinner a few times again. I think it's good to get him used to be around and out and learn to entertain himself, etc. We went to Lolo's for the first time at the new Gilbert location.

Yes, he wanted my waffle and I don't blame him. He also loved the red Kool-aid.

 
I had a small triscuit thing going on for a while..... but they've come so far since I was a kid! Look at all the delicious flavors! My favorites are the dill one and the sugar and cinnamon one.


I can't remember what night this was that Stephanie was over but she helped feed JJ his dinner. He's such a good eater. He still seems to prefer veggies to fruits, but he'll take anything.

One day at work I got this message. I guess Cailee was home and messenging people. I thought it was pretty cute.

Of course on the 14th we had JJ's 6 month mark! I can't believe it's been 6 months already. Of course he's rolling and he army crawls. He doesn't sit up by himself yet. As I said, he's a great eater. He still loves the bath. It's harder to get a smile from him for pictures, but put the camera down and he'll smile all day. I am really enjoying this stage, but missing the little baby all wrapped in a blanket. He's teething and we think some bottom teeth will break through soon. I can't even imagine losing the huge gummy smile, but I'm sure there will be something new to take its place.

I tried putting shoes on him. It lasted about an hour. Oh well, it was an attempt.

I had to put these all together to see the progression. I feel like I'm looking at a different baby.

Nick and I came home from work one day to all these cups under his car. They were also in the bushes, etc. Nick said it has to be Cailee. She was gathering rain. Dirty, oily rain. I guess after she went and checked the rain catchers she just said, huh and dumped them out.

We tested out JJ's bike trailer because Tour De Tempe is coming up. He seems to like it well enough. I'm more worried about how long the ride is and if it gets hot. Oh well, I guess we'll give it a shot.

Mommy and JJ selfies. He loves playing with my phone.



JJ had his 6 month appointment. He's doing really well and hitting all the milestones I guess. He weighed 16 lbs 4.5 oz. putting him in the 23rd%, 27 inches - 61st%. He did a great job of tearing apart the dr office while we waited for the doctor and we didn't wait that long. He got 3 shots this time. He gets over it pretty quickly but I still hate it. Afraid he would get a fever like last time I took the day after off but he did really well. He did so well that he and I went shopping that afternoon.


Cutest. bum. ever.

I love this picture. Brad came over one night to talk about some stuff and JJ was just so intrigued by him talking. He sat there listening waiting for his turn.

Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Bart came to drop some stuff for our yard sale and stayed for a bath party. Bug loves the bath and I love his Tigger towel. It's one of the few things we bought since we got so spoiled at the shower, but I really wanted this and we bought it. He used to hate having it on his head but now he's ok with it.
The joys of a mobile baby. He rolls away everytime I'm trying to dress him or change him. But that bum!

We had a garage sale the last weekend of March. Again he was so good for us. I brought him outside and was going to dress him but his new shorts are really too big still and with no shirt and his socks he looks like a little chollo.
 
He ended up in his new onesie from Aunt Stephanie.

After the yard sale we went to a baby shower for one of John's co-workers. Stacie was excited to meet JJ and hold him.
It was a busy weekend and after the baby shower we went to Babies-R-Us. We wanted to get some sun gear for the bike ride. My little ham was being so good as we tried out some hats and glasses.

 

To finish out the month we had dinner again at Nando's. I've been giving JJ water out of a sippy cup. Sometimes he really likes it and others not so much. He won't hold it himself. He doesn't hold his bottles either. He'd rather hit stuff and pull hair while he's eating. We have some big events coming for April so it might be more exciting to report on.


No comments:

Post a Comment