Saturday, December 31, 2011

Let's finish out the year

We had another grooming appointment for the BADC. It was at Steph's house this time. She had made beanie weanie casserole and it was good. Then we had craft night. As always a good time. 

The Thursday before Christmas we went to zoo lights with Nick and family, and John's parents. It was really crowded but the kids seemed to like it for the most part. I think that was the beginning of my sickness.....

So then we had Christmas. We decided to do a dinner at our house on Christmas eve. I tried to have Nick have his kids act out the Nativity scene but that didn't happen.....

I made my first prime rib and in true Jena fashion I have pictures I will post. I think it turned out really good and I'm glad I got the bigger rib. We opened presents at our house that night. It was a lot of fun. John's parents had gotten everyone presents and that was really nice of her and the kids liked it a lot.

Christmas morning we went to Nick and Shar's for breakfast and to see what the kids had gotten for Christmas. We gave Ashton his bike that morning and John his gun safe. Then I went to church with Nick and Shar. That evening we went to Steph and Bart's for our annual tradition of breakfast for dinner and our Lights on Bikes ride. We expanded the ride this year and had 8 people instead of just the four of us. We also estimated that we went about 15 miles. We had a good time and got a lot of good responses from people who saw us. I think this is what sealed the sickness...

We did have our gift exchange and I got a Nook that I love!!

The work week was slow but I started to get pretty sick and congested and by Wednesday or so had basically lost my voice. I finally went to the doc in the box today and I have bronchitis, laryngitis, and a sinus infection. The doctor told me "good job!"

Last night John and I went to Stomp at Gammage. I made John go because I thought that he would like it and he did. It was really good and interesting. Next will be South Pacific in January.

So, it's New Year's Eve. We didn't do anything today. Ran an errand and I sat at the doctor's for a while. Then we watched 30 minutes or less.... not worth it.... and now John is sleeping on the couch and I'm reading blogs! How exciting!

1 comment: