Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Let's rebuild

Ok, so my last typed post was really 12/31. So I obviously had my 30th birthday and party. We went to City Hall in Scottsdale. It was John, Jim, Chris, Joe, Heidi, Bart, Stephanie, Nick, Bryan, and Beth. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad everyone went. Before we went, Stephanie and I decided to go get done up! It was a lot of fun and I thought as awkward as it felt that we looked good!

Then shortly after I know Lisa and I went to South Pacific at Gammage. That was the same day my mom got here. The show was good and for not being at all familiar with it; I enjoyed it.

Mom was here for just over a week and my dad came on Thursday. We didn't do anything. Basically ran errands. The Tuesday we did go to Golden Corral for Ashton's 8th birthday. Don't ask, it was his choice. Saturday was his baptism. It was really nice and with Nick doing the baptism and my dad the confirmation. We ate at Nick and Shar's afterwards.

I think it was a week later that we did the Color Run. Nick, Bart, Stephanie, John, and I all ran it. It wasn't so much a run, but it was a ton of fun. It was a 5K and at ever K they threw color at you. Then at the end they do a big color throw. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again.

Because of my grandpa's heart surgery on my birthday and the subsequent issues Nick and I made a quick decision to go home. We literally came home from the run and breakfast and showered and left. We got to Salt Lake at like 4 and rented a car and drove home. No one but Chad knew we were coming. We surprised them all at Cafe Rio and then went up to see Grandpa.

We got a surprise when on Sunday they released Grandpa from the hospital. So we went to Aberdeen that evening to help get him set up. That was one awesome night. We sat around visiting with everyone and got Grandma to make waffles... it was awesome. There were LOTS of people staying at my moms, but it worked out great and was good to see everyone and Grandpa. We even got out to Grandma Connie's and got to see Jaden and AshLynn.

That pretty much covers the month of January. I'll have to work on February to now on another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment