Monday, July 21, 2014

Reunion

It's been a few weeks but a lot has happened because we finally had the family reunion! So this post will have lots of pictures! Unfortunately I don't have a cute collage app like Jena to make my pictures all cute. I thought about doing them on my phone app and then putting them here....but I don't care that much :-)

To start with we left Tuesday afternoon. Stephanie decided to come with me so she was my official suitcase lifter-upper. It was a little difficult for me to pack because I had two helpers who didn't think I needed to pack clothes.... just them.





The plan was to fly to Idaho Falls and have John's mom pick us up and head to Island Park for the night. I haven't been up there in probably 8-10 years. I hadn't seen their new cabin and I forgot how much I like it up there. Of course, it had to be super hot up there when I was hoping it would be cooler!

Upstairs bedroom

Downstairs bathroom




Loft

Upstairs bathroom

Kitchen/dining/living room

master bathroom


The cabin

Kim and Lester's cabin. Had to go see it with the updates they've made.

We only had the day Wednesday and since I can't really hike or ride 4-wheelers right now we decided to drive into Yellowstone since we were so close. We didn't get an early start and we knew we'd be pushed for time but we had to make do with what we had. Before we headed to West we went over by Kim and Lester's so I could see the cabin without the front porch, etc. It looked really good. We also went by Johnny Sack cabin to see the fish and where John and I took our engagement pictures 13 years ago!!
Stephanie and I were going to climb out there and recreate it.... but decided that wasn't the best idea so we settled for a picture near the same place.

I was surprised by how busy the park was being a Wednesday and it was hot. We stopped and say some of the geysers and paint pots then headed to Old Faithful. We timed it about perfect to grab some lunch and then watch Old Faithful. Then we headed a different direction to look for animals. It was pretty uneventful on the animal front, but just before we left the park we did see 2 elk and a baby. Add that to the deer I spotted on our way up to IP the night before we were doing ok on the animal spotting.

The Tetons headed up to Island Park

Yellowstone


Elk



Old Faithful
After a full day in the park we headed back to grab our stuff and head to Pocatello. I wanted to go by Mesa Falls anyways, but because of road construction it made it more of an excuse to go that way home. So we stopped at Mesa Falls on our way down the hill.




I got that last photo as we were driving almost to Ashton. In person it was actually a bit more yellow on the crops but it still turned out pretty. We were almost to Pocatello when we saw one of the two animals we didn't see in Island Park. In the middle of the field there was a moose. He was just hanging out and it was sort of funny to just see him there.


No comments:

Post a Comment