Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June

Another month is over. It seems to have gone by pretty fast but very slow at the same time. After my last post where we had Bug at the dr for a high fever I was lucky that the fever wasn't high the next day and I was able to go to work. I don't have a lot of sick time back from maternity so I'm really trying to let it build.

Continuing on my 'diet' I decided to try spaghetti squash one night. I'm not going to say it was a success but I learned from it and already have my next squash to try again. The two things I learned is that I needed to let the squash cook longer. It was a little crunchy for us. Second, if I'm going to use ground turkey I need to season my meat. I don't usually season ground beef but the turkey definitely needs it.

 I'm excited to try it again.

Bug is getting more teeth. It's hard to get a good look at them but you could see a few of his top teeth here. I think now at the end of the month he's got 5 teeth.


The first weekend my mom came down for Phantom of the Opera. Since we were just a few days from her birthday we did an adult night and went out to dinner at the Stockyards. It was John and I, Nick and Shar, Stephanie and Bart, and my mom. It was nice and they stuck us back in our own corner so we could be loud if we wanted.


It was almost exactly 6 months ago that we got Bug his Mickey ears. We had to try them on again to see if they fit better than last time. It definitely puts it into perspective on how much he's grown!


Saturday was Phantom and Stephanie, my mom, and I went out to dinner before the show. We went to Culinary Dropout and I had something ramen. This is what showed up. It was interesting and good.





We had splurged and gotten pretty good seats. I was excited to see this production since they've redone the chandelier and the staging. I prefer the old staging. I prefer the old staging with Les Mis too so maybe it is just that I love the way I remember them from the first time I saw them. I had planned on seeing Phantom before I found out, but Chris Mann has been playing the Phantom. I was really excited to be able to see him perform again. Since I became a fan I've been able to see him at least once a year so far; first in Idaho Falls, then last year in Mesa, and now this. I was nervous for it because I take a lot of ridicule for liking Chris, but I thought he did awesome. I forgot it was him which is the most you can ask for I think. Of all the concerts I've seen him in Idaho Falls is still my favorite. Hearing him perform his own music with a live orchestra is the best. I hope to see him in that setting again soon.


We had decided it would be adult dinner Friday, Phantom Saturday, and family dinner Sunday. Last minute we remembered that we should invite Nathan and Erica! We were excited that they were able to come!


There wasn't a lot more exciting for the month. Bug is definitely mobile with his army crawl. I love watching him learn. He was figuring out how to get his ball from under the chair.


I might be late to this train, but I had been thinking about colored pants for a while. I finally pulled the trigger and got some red pants! I actually really like them but I feel like a mix between a rebel and an old lady. Not sure if my grandma reads my blog, but I'm 100% positive she has some red pants. Sorry Grandma.



We were pacing out some new runs so we went for a bike ride one evening. I love seeing JJ in his little trailer. He does really well when we go out riding, but it's so hard because it has been so warm.

We did pick a Saturday morning for Stephanie and Bart to come over and ride bikes to the Coffee Shop for breakfast and then home. I apparently didn't take any pictures. It was a fun ride and about 9 miles total. Bug did really well on the ride and at breakfast. He fell asleep on the way back. I like that because sometimes I worry that we aren't making him adaptable enough with falling asleep places other than his crib.


Another worry that I have is that we are going to fight him on shoes. I've only put shoes on him 2-3 times and they haven't lasted long. I think when he starts walking we're going to fight him to wear shoes. He was not liking his flip flops. Don't you just love his dirty onesie?


I had also put together a game night one Saturday. We had over Nick and Shar, Stephanie and Bart, and Nathan and Erica. We had pizza, chips and salsa, cookies, and donuts. We played catch phrase and pictionary. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad everyone could come. We'll have to do it again soon!



One thing we learned is that Erica isn't competitive at all (sarcasm).


We had to do a little marketing for Hydroflask while we were all together.


The 14th was Bug's 9 month mark. What can I say about him? He's pretty amazing. He goes down really well for us about 7:45 each night. He likes to get up at 430ish which isn't great. He naps pretty well; probably better for Laura than for us at home. He loves his bottle and is sort of picky about food. Someday's he eats really well and other days not so much. He gags on any little chunk of anything. He loves to play nonstop. He hasn't liked baths so much since I took out his bath chair but he does ok with them. Usually at least once a day we fight trying to hold him still while I change his diaper. We're working on waves, kisses, mama, and dada.


Wasabi kit kat anyone? A guy at work came back from Japan with a variety of treats. This is one of the treats I tried. It was ..... interesting.


Along with the dieting I've been doing pretty good with getting up and running in the mornings. It's not a long run because I have about 20 minutes but it's something. I'm lucky enough to be out when the sun rises and it's one of my favorite views pretty much everyday.

This picture below was taken one night after JJ was asleep. I was sitting on the couch looking around thinking I should pick up his toys and I realized I could see his path through the room. It was literally one of the Family Circus comics of the kids path. He had literally touched every corner of the room. It made me laugh. 


The above picture was taken on a morning when he slept in for us. I was trying to prove to JJ that when he sleeps in a little longer he wakes up happier.


We had a big all staff meeting at work the other day. We had to go to another building for it so we all piled into Lars' car and made him drive us. It wouldn't be right if we didn't take a selfie while we were at it. I work with some pretty amazing people.


We also had JJ's 9 month appointment. I thought we were going to get out of this appointment with no shots, but nope! We had to do 2 shots and they tested his blood for anemia. He failed both the tests in the doctors office so we had to go in for blood work. His 9 month numbers are: 18 lbs 8 oz for weight, 29 1/4 inches for height, and 18 1/4 inches for his head. That put him at 27%, 81%, and 84% respectively. We thought we were getting close to needing to switch his carseat which is 20 pounds and 30 inches and we are close on both fronts. We'll probably switch him in the next month or so.


Along with my diet I've been trying to eat more veggies. I get tired of the same veggies all the time so I've been trying to branch out. I saw some chard at the store the other day and it brought back memories. I remember having chard at my grandma's as a kid for Sunday dinner. So I got some and had it with several meals.


This kids hair. It is crazy. I've been spiking it sometimes. It usually lasts about 5 minutes.


Nick and I both took off the last Friday and he said he had time to go golfing before they left town. So we went out for a 645 tee time. The first 9 weren't bad, but by the back 9 I was so hot I didn't give a damn. I don't know if it's the running or what but it took at least 4 holes before I even felt loose on my swing and it was a pretty pathetic round.

After the golf I went home and took a cold shower and then took Bug to get his blood work that afternoon. That was pretty much the worst thing ever. It took John and two workers to hold him down while they took blood. I got a call from his doctor the other day though and the test came back fine. So that was a relief. 

Saturday John and I were sitting in the living room and this giant moth kept dive bombing the sliding door. I was pretty sure it was going to break through or figure out how to come through the dog door. I think I can add suicidal moth to my list of Arizona animals in our neighborhood.


We were bored the other day so we took Bug to the mall. We had to try out some of the Disney Vans. Again with the shoes....


That really sums up the month.  A busy month with a bunch of nothing. Here is a picture of Bug in his new favorite play place, the top of the end table shelf. Crazy kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment