Tuesday, June 9, 2015

May

I feel like there is so much to go over and it's only 1/2 a month!

So my last post ended at Mother's Day. So that week of Mother's Day Bug hit 8 months! This was his 8 month photo. He is starting to like standing when he can lean against something.

Ok so I was guilted into making his baby food. He wasn't eating as much for us as we'd like to see and were a little worried. I talked to his daycare and she told me that he was eating a bunch at her house and maybe it was that she makes his food and I was doing commercial food. Yep, make me feel great. So I went and bought a bunch of different fruit and veggies to make him some fresh food. The first night I gave it to him he gagged. I finally had to accept that if he's eating at her house maybe he's just not hungry with me and he gags on a lot of the food I feed him so ....
We stuck grumpy pants in his swing one day to try and make him happy. He's not in there a lot anymore and it struck me how big he's gotten. I had to compare him to one of the first photos of him in his swing.
One Sunday Stephanie met John and I for dinner at San Tan. We grabbed some Paradise Bakery and some Frost and then wandered around for a bit. We were really looking for flip flops for Bug. We found him a cute hat!
We were walking back to the car and Bug wanted to touch the trees so Dad lifted him up to feel it and knocked him in the head in the process.

Joe and Heidi were down in Phoenix for Whitney's graduation and they stopped by one night. We were excited to see them and visit. It wasn't a long visit but we could sit and talk for hours and hours. We're glad they found time to stop by while they were here.
I decided to get a pedicure one day with Stephanie since I hadn't had one in about a year. I have a hard time taking time for myself. I feel guilty leaving John to watch Bug and leaving Bug to do something that isn't essential.
One night John came home with this. I love the saying.
Nick and I got off work early one Friday and we indulged and went to YC's for lunch. I haven't been there in a while and it was so good.

A friend at work had an easy eggwich and I decided I wanted one too. So I got on my new friend, Amazon Prime, and ordered one. It's pretty handy to just take an english muffin and eggs to work and go make an egg mcmuffin in about 3 minutes. Sometimes I take some spinach and put in it, or turkey bacon. I even made John go to the farmers market and get fresh eggs.
This is one of Bug's new pastimes. He likes to climb all over us. I'm not going to lie, but it is one of my favorite things to just let him crawl all over and give him loves.
Since we missed the Moab trip I planned a trip to Utah for Memorial Day. We actually took Thursday through Monday off, but didn't go to Utah until Friday. So Thursday we went golfing. We tried a new course and it wasn't my favorite, but it was fun to play something new.

Then Friday morning we headed out early. I was anxious to fly with Bug again since I haven't done it since he was 2 months old and that was stressful. I had it all planned the way I hoped it would go. We would get through security, feed him his bottle and fill his sippy with water, get on the plane and have his sippy to help with his ears, and then he'd sleep the 90 min to Utah.

Here is what actually happened. It took us over an hour to get through the checkin line and security. We were walking to our gate and I said, we haven't gotten water yet. We get to our gate and find no one; they had already boarded. In a panic we hurry to board with no water and a hungry baby. We get on the plane and I think ok, we'll feed him while we take off and he'll fall asleep. Nope. He started fussing before we even pushed off. We feed him and have nothing for him for while we take off. He starts to cry and keeps crying for about the next 40 minutes. It was miserable, but we made it.
It wasn't supposed to be real warm in Utah that weekend and we ended up at Target buying Bug some jammies that fit him. Mostly we just hung out at Aunt Patty's house with Chad and Corrine and Jena and Rudy and all the kids along with my parents. I think Bug had fun being around all the kids.
Conner did a good job holding Bug. He liked to make him laugh.
We had lots of good food and really appreciate that Mark and Patty let us crash their house and their weekend. Saturday they'd planned a BBQ and invited my Aunt Annette and Russell and family over. Their kids couldn't make it but they came with my Grandma and Grandpa. It was nice to see them all.

We did leave Bug with his Grandma Saturday night and the adults and Conner went to City Scape? City Gate? Whatever that place is in downtown SLC.
Lexie and Bug. They had a good time also. Especially with the stroller.
My mom made her chocolate marshmallow brownies. I don't know how it started that I took a middle piece but I know I took it and sent the picture to Tara. I guess this is something that she would do and yes, I got in trouble for it a few times later.
Chad was trying to get the grill out in between rain storms with Lexie on his back.
Sunday we decided to go down memory lane and have brunch at Grand America. Bug did really well. He got to hang out with all the adults.

Looking out the window with Dad.
He did get a little fussy and tired at some point. It was bound to happen when Chad and I were determined to stay at least through breakfast and lunch to get our monies worth. Surprisingly we were able to get him to fall asleep in Dad's arms. It's not something we do very often and so he has a hard time doing it. Sometimes I think we need to try and make him more adaptable that way.
We left Bug with Grandpa for a little bit so that we could go see Jena's house. I was sure we were going to come back and Grandpa was going to have forgotten about him, but he didn't.
After dinner all the kids were outside so we took Bug out to enjoy the fresh air. Patty got out this stroller to see if he would like getting pushed around. Lexie thought that was a great idea and loved pushing him up and down the sidewalk.
We made it back home Monday. The flight home was a lot better; only about 5 minutes of crying. He was asleep and they came on to make an announcement and it woke him up and John and I have never seen a look of complete fear on him before, but we saw it then!
One of my egg mcmuffins.
Bug is definitely learning to climb and the end table seems to be his favorite spot. Shortly after this picture he went all the way over.
Stephanie and Bart, and John and I had tickets to see Whitney but she cancelled. So we had a babysitter and no where to go. We ended up in downtown Gilbert at the food truck something or other. There were a lot of trucks with some interesting options.
We ended up at a grilled cheese truck. I had some goat cheese, mushroom, and who knows what. It was pretty good.

For dessert we had to get waffles. Mine has chocolate, caramel, and sea salt. It was pretty yummy but very rich. We ended up at Lolo's afterwards and I wish I'd just had a waffle there instead.
I also subbed at bunco for the month. I won for something and this was my prize. Well the jars were the prize and I went to Hobby Lobby and got the glass to fill them.
I also got some frames and stuff for my new wall collage.
We were sitting in the dining room one morning; well, John was feeding Bug and I was washing bottles when I look out the window and there is this line of ducks marching up our lawn. They came and hung out by the front door and the gate for a while. We walked to Walgreens and when we came back they were gone. We don't know where they went and haven't seen them since.
Last, and this actually happened in June, but we had a sick little Bug. He's been teething again and we thought was it, but I got him home from daycare and knew he was warm. I took his temp and it was 102. He'd been lowgrade for a few days but this was much higher than he'd been. I got him out of his clothes and checked him again and we were up to almost 103. I called John and since he was almost home we waited for him so we could go to the Urgent Care. I knew he didn't feel well when he let me just hold him. I was rubbing him down with a cool wash cloth and he'd just sit there and whimper. That is so unlike him.

We got to the Urgent Care and when they took him temp it was almost 104. They were pretty quick to get him some Motrin and a lot of it. He ended up with a double ear infection and chest congestion. He's on medicine still but certainly seems to be doing a lot better. He did cut the top two teeth and I think we have 2 more coming. I'm just glad the fever came down after that one night. 
That closes out our May. It's been a busy June already too!

No comments:

Post a Comment