Sunday, August 5, 2012

Oh boy

Well... I guess I should try and get this written down or else I won't remember what has gone on. It's only been just over a month too; how pathetic. Well, probably the biggest thing is that I walked in the graduation ceremony for my Master's the last weekend of June. That was a busy weekend. My dad showed up Friday and they tried to surprise me. We went had the family over for dinner and then we went to Ted. Oh my, it was hilarious!!

Saturday was the ceremony and Heidi and I rode out together. We didn't get to spend a lot of time together because we were different degrees, but it was fun to have a friend. Martha Stewart was the speaker. I wasn't super impressed with her and I thought Condolezza Rice for my bachelor's was much better.

Then we went to Oreganos and it was awesome as always. I can't remember what else we did, oh wait, we spent pretty much all Saturday night at Apple trying to get John's phone to work. This is why I will never drop my phone in water. What a joke.

Sunday we went to Crackers for breakfast and then hit a movie later. Girl's went to Magic Mike, boys went to something else. Then we went to Frost. We actually went Saturday too I think. We love Frost. I think we've been at least once a week since then.

4th of July - it was an overcast, rainy day and it was pretty awesome. We ran some errands with Stephanie and Bart and grabbed some lunch and then mostly hung out at their house. We had some craft projects we were working on. Then that night we went to Joe and Heidi's for dinner and played games. Pretty awesome day overall!

I think we had a couple of boring weekends without a lot going on. Then about 2 weeks ago we used a groupon we had bought for pottery on the pottery wheel. It was clear in North Phoenix and it was a little creepy but we had a good time. We talked about investing in a pottery wheel but I think our problem would be sharing.... and I don't know how we would fire the pottery.

Now it's Stephanie's birth month. We started it out the 1st with the Kelly Clarkson concert. It was actually Kelly Clarkson, The Fray, and Carolina Liar. We had a good time, although it was a late night for a work day! Saturday was dog grooming at our house. I made homemade fettuccine alfredo and we had a little snack from Frost as dessert. Today we met Stephanie, Bart, and her parents for lunch and ..... Frost!

Oh yeah, last weekend we went to Batman The Dark Knight Rises. I loved it. I was seriously crying at the end. One because I loved it and two because there are not plans to make another one.

I know there's more, but I'd have to go through my bank records or something to figure it all out. I know we've had a couple good dust storms and such. I'll check and post anything extra with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment