Sunday, June 24, 2012

What?

There's been a whole lot of nothing going on lately. We had hockey pretty late into the season. Unfortunately, we couldn't beat the Kings. I think if we had we would have had a cup to celebrate!! It was a great season and I think we got to at least 1 game every series.

This was about the first week of May. I remember several of us on the team at work made an appointment to go donate blood at the same time. It was the funniest time ever. I think the girls taking our blood had the best hour of their day while we were there. I always get nervous doing this because it sucks so bad when you get sick but I made it just fine!

Lemon bars are my new favorite treat to make. It's super handy to have a lemon tree in the back yard, but I am out of lemons for the time being. Everyone at work seems to enjoy it as well. I just need to find a better way of grating the lemon....

Now for the controversial portion of this post. Chris Mann. He was on the voice and was my favorite throughout the competition. He didn't win, but I am obsessed with his music, and he's not bad to look at ;-)

This is the license plate cover that I want. Some people will know why...

I feel like this picture sums up my life right now. We have been getting up really early (4:30 am) and hitting the gym for about 45 min. Then we hurry home to get ready and get to work by 7 am. The workout seems to make it so I have more energy at work but by the end of the day I am exhausted! Still fighting the shin splints as well. But I think the overall workout has helped my running time. I'm averaging a 13 min mile now instead of 15. Dawn also conned me into starting another class right away. So now I'm in my second to last class; social psychology. 

We were able to get in a breakfast and bike ride in May. We went to Crackers, which we love. We decided to ride a few miles to Starbucks and then were headed back. Unfortunately, we had just left Starbucks and watched a dog get hit by a car. We of course stopped to help which resulted in Bart riding to the vet with this lady and her poor dog and us trying to get all the bikes a few miles back to the cars, loaded, and go pick him up. Definitely not the way we wanted to end our ride. 
I remember Mother's Day we were at hockey. Memorial Day we didn't do anything. Father's Day nothing either. About 2 weeks ago John and I went to Million Dollar Quartet. That was good. I liked the music but it wasn't our favorite. We spend most nights with me doing homework and maybe sitting in the hot tub. That whole project.... well we got the cement for the tub poured and the tub here and that's about where it ends....

I did plan a surprise dinner for John not that long ago. We went to Donovan's up by the Biltmore. I really like that area and that is going to be our new hangout. It was a lot of fun and EXPENSIVE, but worth it.

John's been working on the Camaro because stuff has been broken. Hopefully it is fixed for now.

We've been working on not going out so much and rotating houses to hang out at. So we had a Mexican Fiesta at our house about a week ago. John made enchiladas and then we went for a bike ride. We rode to Dunkin Donuts and they were closed. Stupid. Then we went and made Nick walk to Sonic with us and had milkshakes.

This weekend the dog's had their grooming appointment at Stephanie and Bart's. We enjoy the time without the dogs. Stephanie warned me to bring my swimming suit and I didn't listen and I ended up in the pool in my clothes. It was pretty funny and a lot of fun. We decided this morning to get up early and go to Matt's Big Breakfast. It's been on Diner's, Drive-Ins, and Dives. It was yummy!

I think that is all the random musings for now and pretty much catches me up to date.

4 comments:

  1. I would like the Chris Mann post to follow my blog appearance next time. Thanks. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I've been SOMEWHAT behaving myself in that arena lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, but I haven't been monitoring your Twitter account closely...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I blew that all to hell today....

    ReplyDelete