Sunday, January 13, 2013

Annual Flag football and mini bike races

I'm sure you read that post and go what? Let me explain. There is a group of friends we know through Stephanie and Bart that we do stuff with occasionally. They have an annual tradition of flag football, mini bike races, and a gift exchange. We have missed it each year so far for various reasons but we made it! It was a ton of fun. It was good because it was really cold and raining the day before but for us it warmed right up once you start running around.

Not everyone played football, some of us watched from the sidelines where it's a little safer.

Now mini bikes are basically just bikes that we all rode when we were kids. Banana seat bikes and the such. We did heats: girls heat, boys heat, then top 2 boys and girls for the championship, and then a relay. I have video that is hilarious, but if I post it...you're gonna have to mute it because I was laughing like a hyena through the whole thing.

Yep, there's a trophy.

All the bikes, nicely tucked away after a day of play.

John and I loved Daphne and Teri's dog. We thought about stealing him.

So this doesn't get us through 2012 but it's all the pictures I had lined out. I'll have to get some more ready to finish out the year.





No comments:

Post a Comment