Sunday, January 13, 2013

Motivation

I have been lacking some serious motivation to catch up my blog. I've had all the pictures ready to be posted I just didn't feel like writing about them.

So continue back in December where I left off we started to get ready for Lights on Bikes. This was the 3rd year that we've done Lights on Bikes and we still love it.

I am constantly told that I am grinch because I don't do Christmas decorations. Let me explain. First, I have no children to decorate for. I have no one who gets excited that the Christmas tree is up. I like it, but it is a lot of work and I have to put it up and take it down and I would rather not have to deal with the mess. Second, although we have lived here for 6 1/2 years, I still don't feel like it is Christmas. If there isn't going to be snow, how can it be Christmas? Third, I really don't have a house that lends itself to a lot of decorations. There just aren't spaces and niches to put stuff.

However, I did put up my little tree at work. I love this tree. I learned to make it in grade school out of hangers and it is my kind of Christmas tree.

This is a black and white photo, but it's white and silver garland with green ornaments and lights.

In mid-December we had an expo at work. I'm still not sure the purpose of the expo, but as you can see from these photos why I have a hard time getting in to the Christmas spirit.

It was around this same time that season 3 of The Voice was coming to an end. As I've talked about many times, that is where I discovered Chris Mann, one of my all time favorite artists. Anyways to mostly entertain myself I jumped on the Team Blake wagon (I cheered for Cassadee the whole season).
They're kind of hard to read but it says "team blake".

Nick and Shar and family went to Vegas for Shannon's wedding and since my mom was going to be there they took her Christmas presents. I decided last minute to make her a wreath too. I feel like each one gets a little better. (Wait till you see the one I did for myself!!)

We were also able to finally pull off a happy hour with the group from work. We went to San Felipes and hung out. It was fun to hang out outside of work since as a group we all get along really well.

I think that brings up to mid-December. I'll see if I can at least finish out 2012 before I get sidetracked.






No comments:

Post a Comment