Friday, October 19, 2012

It's February already?

In an effort to try and not get so far behind I'll try and remember what has happened so far this year. Of course, January 3rd was my birthday. It was my 30th and I'm afraid I've hit the point where they're not really special anymore. I will have a few pictures to post.



I had decided I wanted to do something NICE. I put together a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant. Stephanie did a great job of stepping it up and having her and I go get our hair and makeup done. It was a lot of fun and I liked the outcome. After dinner we decided to go back to Stephanie's house and just hang out. Lot's of ideas were thrown out but we mostly just hung out; apparently burning the Christmas tree in the pool like a beacon of light isn't a good idea....



My mom came shortly after that. I remember the night she came I was at South Pacific with Lisa. It was good and the music gets stuck in my head still! Didn't do much the week mom was here and dad came on Thursday. Ashton's baptism was that Saturday and Nick and Shar talked in church Sunday.

Oh yes, grandpa had his open heart surgery on my birthday which seems to have occupied much of the month. From mom's reports it was pretty bad at some points. Then just when we got him home he went right back. I have tickets to come home in March but decided I wanted to go and Delta had a sale to go that weekend. So on the 28th we went to the color run (amazingly fun, pictures to follow) and then Nick and I hopped on a plane, rented a car, and crashed the party. No one except Chad knew we were coming and it was fun. We got to see grandpa, Chad, Corrine, Mark, Annette, Russell, Chris, Jaden, AshLynn, Grandma Connie, Grandpa Len, Grandma, Mom, and Dad... I think that's it. Nope, it's not..we got to see Dwight and Misty, Morgan and Taylor too. That was Sunday when we made Grandma make us cheese waffles. Best thing ever!!

I'm glad that grandpa is doing better and gaining strength. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a few weeks when I go home again.

Since coming back from Idaho John and I also had our 10 year anniversary. I can't believe it's been 10 years. Hate to say, we didn't do a whole lot as it fell on a Thursday. It was the day we were eligible to upgrade our cell phones and we were more than happy to toss our Droids and go get iPhones.

Last Saturday Stephanie and I put part of her Christmas present to use and did a painting class. It was a lot of fun and we can't wait to do the next one!!

Tonight was a meeting of the BADC and it was at our house this time. I made lasagna and garlic bread. I think it turned out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment