Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Best weekend ever?

For Christmas I had decided to get Brooklynn and I tickets to Beauty and the Beast. Well, the 13th was the day! I had double booked my day so it was busy; but that also made it one of the best days!

Nick had told me that Brooklynn had been counting down and was very excited. I knew she was getting all dressed up so I figured I better put some effort into it.



Our first stop was lunch. We went to Gordon Biersch down by the theater. I thought it was a good spot because that location is pretty neat being upstairs in downtown Tempe. She did really well during lunch; ate well, behaved well, etc. I told her we were making a surprise stop after lunch and that we were going to go potty before leaving since the theater is crowded. In the bathroom she told me she needed to reapply her lipstick. The other lady in the bathroom found this entertaining. She would have reapplied her blush as well, but her mom wouldn't let her bring it.


This was reapplying our lipstick
From there we went to the Candy Addict. It's a candy store with a sorts of candy. She wanted everything Hello Kitty, noisy, and messy. We stocked up on some treats and headed to Gammage. At Gammage we went and looked at the souvenirs. We narrowed down the list from purse, shirt, crown, snow globe, and doll to just shirt and crown. Add a few drinks and a cupcake and we were set!

We had some time to kill so we went out on the patio where I was hoping she would get out all her excess energy.
We were wandering around in the bathroom (can you tell I was hoping we wouldn't have to crawl over a bunch of people in the middle of the play for a bathroom break) and I thought this would be a cute picture.
She did ok during the play. There are a few parts where it's a little slow for kids and it is a 2 1/2 hour play. I'd say she made it about 45 min into the first act before she got restless. During the intermission I told her she couldn't sit in her chair. So she walked stairs.
The second act is shorter and she did pretty good during it. She got restless quick but she was saying she was tired so I put her on my lap and we did good the rest of the time. I think her favorite parts were probably "Be Our Guest", the whole ballroom scene with the gold dress, and the end where the beast turns back into a prince. That's my guess but that is where she seemed to be really interested.

She tried to hit me up for ice cream on the way home, but I had to hurry because we had another engagement for that evening!

I had been waiting for this artist to come to Phoenix for a while. In December he announced a tour and Phoenix was his last stop! He played at the Hard Rock in downtown Phoenix. I'd never been there and it's a small venue. He is Marcus Foster. Check out his stuff on iTunes, AWESOME!


So the four of us (John and I, Stephanie, and Bart) headed down there. We were looking for dinner first and thankfully we decided to just eat at Hard Rock. There were 3 acts; Bad Lucy, Ruston Kelly, and Marcus. I liked all of them. Ruston was amazing. We all had a good time. It was a long day and a late night, but SO, SO fun.

Bad Lucy
Ruston Kelly

 Here is a video; it isn't actually anything to see, so maybe I should call it audio of Ruston.


Stephanie and I both really liked Ruston.

This is Marcus

Us with Ruston
I loved every minute of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment