Monday, April 8, 2013

Tour de Tempe

To cap off our crazy week we had the Tour de Tempe ride Sunday morning. We got out there early to register and get all our free stuff! Coffee, tea, banana, bagel, muffins!!!

I will say that this is a fun ride, but for some reason the fact that they advertised it as a 10 mile ride was perfectly fine with me. There ended up being 15 of us in our little group.

I know some of these people are in our group but I only recognize Mikel in the pink stripe on the left
Stephanie, John, and Brendon getting ready to ride


Ok, here you have Stephanie, Lynn, Mikel, Bart, and Lance
I had my Endomondo going but most the time when it talks to me I wouldn't hear it in time or didn't hear it at all. I started to feel like we were going further than 10 miles though.

This was our own little pit stop. You have Jane, Bart, Lynn, the two girls I don't know (Teri's peeps), Dave, Daphne, Brendon, Monica, and Lance

Got some pictures in. John, Mikel, Steph, Teri, and Bart
This was as we rode through the ASU campus. I also want to say that someone didn't plan this well. There was the festival of the arts going on down on Mill plus a triathlon on Tempe Town Lakes which we rode through all of them. I had to get a picture of this tree though because I thought it was so pretty.

I think Mikel was tired of riding too. This was on the way back and she sort of just took off!
So it ended up that the ride was more like 14 miles. My butt hurt and still does. However, when we got back by the car we saw this!

It's sort of hard to see, but it's actual LARPing!!! They were serious about it too. I had a good laugh over it. This was all that came to mind:


No comments:

Post a Comment