Wednesday, October 6, 2010

On a more serious note

It has been a weird week, which probably means it's almost that time of the month. Sorry, TMI, but I am beginning to understand the influx of these emotions. We were driving the other day and there was a car broke down in the middle of the road. It was a middle age white guy. Everyone is driving by him, no one stopping. Until! A family on their way to or from church in their Sunday best, stops and the husband and son get out to help while the wife moves over to get their car out of the way. What struck me most about this was that they were black. I know, it's not the 1960s with the whole racial war going on, but they were the ONLY people who stopped! And in their nice clothes too! And I thought, I still believe in humanity. There are good people out there.

Well, fast forward to tonight. Out of nowhere I got an email on an account I don't use very often and I was trying to place the name of who it was from. Then I realized, it was John's EX boss. He had my email from when I donated to his MS bike ride. He was sending out some newsletter something or other. Well I looked for a link to remove myself and it said just to reply to the email; which I did just stating "Please remove me from the mailing list". Well, I quickly received an email back saying "No problem, tell John we said hi". Let the anger begin. I don't want anything from this person, I don't want any acknowledgement let alone a fake goodwill greeting. And the thoughts that filled my head were that he thinks I am so bitter that I can't support MS because of the work issue. NOT TRUE I pick and choose where I donate and how as I see fit. And I don't have to defend that to anyone, but what makes me mad is the fact that THAT was the thought I had. The most mean, awful thought (which may or may not be true) was the first thing I thought HE would think. Hatred is vicious and I hate (pun intended) that I let that person inject that into me tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I know those feelings. Got to let them go and move on with life. We grow from our challenges.

    ReplyDelete