Wednesday, October 27, 2010

That was interesting...

Today I got to do something that was a once in a lifetime opportunity. My work gave us the chance to go to a town hall meeting with Senator John McCain. Best part it was paid! So we got bused down to the Sheraton this afternoon and he spoke for about 30 minutes and then answered questions. I don't remember everything that was said, but I was impressed with his answers and pretty much agreed with him. I liked that he called out someone who made an ignorant remark; and he was pretty funny.

I will say that it can inspire you to want to be better educated about the issues and make sure to exercise your right to vote. If you don't, you don't have a right to complain!

Best song of the week: Brand New Key by Melanie
If you don't listen to these songs, you really have to check this one out. It will make you want to ride a bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment